Landlords have specific legal responsibilities to their tenants when it comes to the safety of appliances.

Gas Safety Checks

Gas safety check must be carried out annually on gas appliance/flue ensuring all gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

Our Gas Safe engineer will thoroughly check all your Gas Appliances and service your gas boiler at the time of carrying out your safety check. You don’t need to have your gas boiler or other gas products installed by Eco Installer prior to us carrying out the inspection.

Following the inspection of all gas appliances, our Engineer will issue you a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12).

Oil-Fired Checks

There is currently no legal requirement in the United Kingdom for a Landlord to obtain a Landlord Safety Certificate for oil fired equipment installed within a rented property. However, BS5410 Part 1 does require oil fired boilers to be serviced periodically in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

For peace of mind and good practise Landlords should have oil fired appliances within  rented properties inspected and serviced to the manufactures instructions annually. For valid home insurance, a number of insurers demand annual services.

Our Engineers are fully qualified and OFTEC registered to be able to carry out this work.

Contact Eco Installer

Planned maintenance can help keep appliances operating at peak performance, save on expensive call out fees as well as helping to reducing fuel bills.

Eco Installer offer Landlords Gas Safety and Oil-Fired Checks in Ely, Newmarket, Cambridge, Fordham, St Ives and neighbouring Towns and Villages. We are able to offer a selection of appointments allowing you to choose the most convenient.

Please give our team a call on 01353 669000 to book your Landlords Safety check with a boiler service.

Latest news from OFTEC:

The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015 came into force on 1st October 2015. The new regulations apply to private landlords in England and require them to fit at least one smoke alarm on every storey of their property. They also require them to fit a carbon monoxide alarm in any room containing an appliance that burns solid fuel.